StarDragonX's projects

StarDragonX

Please instruct me if there is already a dedicated forum space for personal songs and projects, for instance for covers. I didn't find that kind of a thread. I joked with my brother that we should start a band called Nightwish Insomnium and call Floor Jansen to record our vocals or something, as some Insomnium members are from my home town, Kotka, Finland. I have actually met Niilo sevänen, Insomnium in real life once. Anyway, I have developed my mixing skills and stuff. The material is usually recorded with a Washburn Drop-C guitar. I use Reaper DAW in Windows 11 right now.

https://youtu.be/SVNb2AHAqCQ?si=CbMOjMdBPYev7u4D

Edited by StarDragonX
I am new on this forum and I don't completely know how this system is supposed to work

This is a short classical piece. It is composed with Reaper DAW and BBC Discovery. It used to cost €50, but now I think it is free. It is a downgraded version from BBC Symphony Orchestra, which costs €500+ and it eats your processor like a dog eats food... in lack for a better analogy. There is also a little bit of Spitfire LABS percussion (completely free VST, a must-download) and and also Ferrum Free Version trailer music drums. I think all these VST's are free at the moment. Seems like there will be pieces in C minor as this one. BBC Discovery is a good background string instrument. I used it in my Dark Chest Of Wonders Cover.

This is one of my first final mixes, when I started out music producing a few years back. I used Shreddage II VST to write the electric guitar line in the early stage. This song went through some stages. And I also lost the passwords for this account, and the WAV file was gone after I cleaned up Hard Drive space. Anyway, it is on the internet, so no problem. 🙂 I figured out that I want to do shorter songs than 10 minutes. The production time was so long that it was a little bit exhausting, and things happened in between so it was a little bit risky. For instance, there might be some Apple Logic Pro fail that could corrupt the file or something or some plugin might stop working. POWER METAL FTW (for the win). I designed the logo by myself, as I do photography and visual work as well as music. The song is uploaded on Youtube year 2021.

• 2 weeks later...