Lovebites

StarDragonX

I bought my first electric guitar. Then I stumbled upon THIS. This is a Japanese Metal band called Lovebites. But instead of guys only, it is a girl band. If you think about the costumes, it seems like a wedding band or something. But it is also a normal band. And the coolest thing is, that the guitarist uses the Emppu Vuorinen -signature guitar. And also, their logo is a golden  pentagram (#White Metal). Enough said.

And this is the song for the worst anime in the world (Vladlove) 

The Iron Maiden-song

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Just one addition here. I checked, that almost all Lovebites material is mixed by Mikko Karmila and mastered by Mika Jussila / Finnvox Studios. They are the Nightwish mixers. I found that out later. Lovebites is super popular in Japan right now. This was my old account.

Edited by StarDragonX

Thanks for the list. I know there are tons of information on the Internet, but it is impossible to find every page and list. I noticed one specific Japanese girl rock band had a band release, where they informed that they will go to Sweden to record an album. I can't remember which one it was. I have listened to quite a lot of Japanese Rock and Metal. Some early material is not super well mixed, until quite recent years. One very good quality band is Anthem, which is globally quite famous. At least Anthem and Lovebites are signed to Nuclear Blast Records (Pun intended), which is from Germany I think. Anyway. I actually loved Lovebites so much two years ago, that I went and bought two of their CD:s from Levykauppa X in Finland. XD. They were available there.

So concerning the lacking mixing aspect, I think that Japan has not had as stable a music production structure as Finland or USA, so they have needed help in this commercial aspect from other countries as Finland or USA. But for instance, the girl metal band Nemophila is super well mixed. I think they are mixed in Japan. Anyway, somebody may disagree with my opinion on the lacking mixing quality in some Japanese material, that is just my opinion. I like a lot of compression. I like eg. the new Stratovarius album Survive (2022) in the mixing/mastering sense.