• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Dianne van Giersbergen's socials:

𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗡𝗢𝗪 ✧ "𝘼 𝙎𝙮𝙢𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙𝙮"

"A Symphonic Tragedy", featuring Ayreon's Arjen Lucassen on solo guitar, is the third song & single from DIANNE’s waterfall release album "Soulward Bound". Produced & recorded by Joost van den Broek at Sandlane Recording Facilities.

Also featuring:

• Ferry Duijsens on rhythm guitar
  • Kristoffer Gildenlöw on bass guitar
  • Sander Zoer on drums

From Dianne:

"A Symphonic Tragedy" is the most honest, heartfelt and vocally triumphant song that I have ever created! And it is.. OUT NOW!

I could not have created this song without the vision and support of DIANNE's producer and co-writer Joost van den Broek! Nor without the musicians that joined me for "A Symphonic Tragedy:" Arjen Anthony Lucassen, Ferry Duijsens, Kristoffer Gildenlöw and Sander Zoer.

I also wish to say 'Thank you' to my dear friends from Blackbriar, Rene, Zora and Robin, who worked round the clock to produce another amazing Cinebuds.nl music video.

If there is one thing I've learned through the three solo songs I've released so far, then that is that it might be my journey, but I do not walk alone.

Thank you dear team, thank you dear fans and thank you dear Patreon members, for always being there to motivate me and cheer me on. This song is for you!

Much love,

Dianne.

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss this? Last year Xandria released a 'Summer 80's Remix' of My Curse Is My Redemption, complete with outdated CGI and clunky synths! 😎

"It’s summer, we just rewatched Stranger Things and some 80ies movies, all of this getting us in the mood for… hmmm…. maybe doing an 80ies retro version from one of our songs? Just for fun and for you fans to enjoy the summer mood with us! What about „My Curse Is My Redemption“ - it already has that 80ies pop vibe. Well you’ll see how much 80s pop it REALLY can get 😉 Enjoy this amazing and wonderfully nostalgic remix made by Canttias, an artist whose specialty are these magical 80s Synth sounds! And the equally nostalgic video clip for it made by Ingo Spörl (HARD MEDIA)!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 11:08 PM, Fugazi said:

During the recent North American shows Xandria have introduced a new song called 'Universal', presumably to be released on their next album.

The only recording I have found has poor sound, but no doubt there will be an official single release soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4nHLnEXIE

It is! 🙂 The single, "Universal", is set to be released on April 16, in a few days time. I imagine by then we will all hear at the same time news about their upcoming album around the single's release. They are currently touring with Wind Rose, so it'll be fun and interesting to hear the song performed for a glimpse into the album.

And hopefully I will be able to get a tour shirt, because when I last saw them opening for Kamelot, they didn't have any shirts with them.

• Thanks 1

A quick word about the Xandria show (supporting Wind Rose)... It was brilliant! Despite missing their official drummer and bass player (still waiting for work visas 😖) and playing with a replacement drummer (Cooper Dustman), they gave a strong performance. First time seeing Ambre live, she interacts a lot with the crowd and she sounds as good live as on the studio tracks. The crowd -- rather young, because this was a Wind Rose show after all -- did seem to enjoy the opening band, reacting strongly to Ambre's growls and the fact that she spoke perfect French. Interestingly, as far as I could tell the songs that drew the most cheers were Reborn and Universal, the new song. And there was plenty of Xandria merchandise, many styles of T-shirts and CDs and badges and other stuff that I may have missed.

The setlist:

• You Will Never Be Our God
  • Death to the Holy
  • Reborn
  • Forevermore
  • Universal
  • Your Stories I’ll Remember
  • Two Worlds
  • Nightfall
  • Metal 1

Last night's show in Toronto was awesome, just like the last time I saw them a couple of months ago when they opened for Kamelot. They didn't have a set list with them, and I did arrive early to see their tour bus arrive. Though because of the cold weather, I had to go off to use the washroom and I ended up missing Ambre coming out from the tour bus. Oh well, I at least got to do that last time they came around with Kamelot. (They were sharing the same bus as Battle Beast.)

• Fire 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:55 AM, Fugazi said:

I do hope they come back for their next album with a longer set! 8 songs go by so quickly. 😮

Same here! Last time I saw them headlining, they did 14 songs, and that was in both Montreal and Toronto back in 2017.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New single from Xandria, and soon an EP!

From the upcoming EP “Universal Tales” 9 tracks including 4 brand new songs, 1 newly recorded “Acoustic Film Score” version of “The Wonders Still Awaiting” and orchestral versions of the new songs. Release Date 22 November 2024

https://napalmrecordsamerica.com/xandria-universal-tales-digipak-cd-booklet.html

"XANDRIA surprised absolutely everyone last year! After a long hiatus, German symphonic metal icons came back with not only a new line up featuring the fantastic Ambre Vourvahis, who impresses audiences with her talent ranging from rock grit, operatic highs and even growls, they also came back with their strongest album ever, The Wonders Still Awaiting (#9 on the Official German Album Charts). On the fresh sounding masterpiece, XANDRIA reinvented themselves by taking their trademarks to a whole new level and setting the bar for modern symphonic metal today. With the epic upcoming nine-track EP, Universal Tales, out on November 22, 2024 via Napalm Records, the unit presents four brand new majestic songs, underlining the band’s new defined versatility and impressive intensity.

Each of the songs highlight a different facet of XANDRIA’s musical range, alongside a new recording and beautifully re-arranged version of the title track from their recent album, The Wonders Still Awaiting. From bombastic film score atmospheres, choir-and-orchestra-driven anthems to real Celtic atmospheres and instruments like fiddle and whistles, the songs blend both classic and modern metal influences. Universal Tales offers a wealth of discoveries, while singer Ambre Vourhavis explores new heights and depths in her voice, making her even stronger than on the last album.

The former standalone single “Universal”, alongside an official music video is a statement in support of a free, open, and diverse society, standing against authoritarianism and religious fundamentalism. It is dedicated to Jina Mahsa Amini and all those fighting for freedom. “No Time to Live Forever” is about the apparent loss of reason in the world, and the rise of tribalism, fired by religious fundamentalism that seems to fight a last battle against enlightenment and the achievements of civilization. “Live the Tale” follows that theme, showcasing that despite dark clouds, humankind could head in a positive direction as there is so much yet undiscovered and so much potential in mankind to live the tale of its imagination. On “200 Years”, XANDRIA fully embraces their Celtic roots like never before and explores the realms of the well-known book and TV series “Outlander”. Accented by renowned violinist Ally Storch (Subway To Sally), mesmerizing violin merges with resolute drums and with the blockbuster-like atmosphere, immediately transport fans to distant realms, fighting for a free and fair world.

The Universal Tales EP concludes with orchestral versions of the four new tracks and will be released just before the band embarks on worldwide tours with genre peers Sirenia and Delain in the fall of 2024 and spring of 2025. While Marco Heubaum once again oversaw the recordings as the producer, Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Arch Enemy, Evergrey) handled the mixing and mastering."

Track Listing:

1. No Time To Live Forever (new)
2. Universal (new)
3. 200 Years (new)
4. Live The Tale (new)
5. The Wonders Still Awaiting (Acoustic Film Score version)
6. No Time To Live Forever (orchestral)
7. Universal (orchestral)
8. 200 Years (orchestral)
9. Live The Tale (orchestral)